Immigration – Naturalisation
Naturalisation is the legal process used to become a British citizen.
As a British citizen you would enjoy a number of legal rights such as the right to live and work in the UK free of immigration controls, as well as free movement throughout the European Economic Area (EEA).
It is essential that you have legal representation by specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process.
Hoole and Co. has specialist immigration solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with Naturalisation applications.
The main routes to obtaining British Naturalisation are:
- Completing a qualifying residence period (varies for EEA and non EEA nationals)
- Marriage or civil partnership with a British citizen
- You must be of sound mind
- Aged over 18
- Have the intention of having your home in the UK
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language
- Sufficient knowledge of life in the UK
- Be of good character
- Meet the residence requirements
- Have references
The first step is to contact us and speak to one of our specialist immigration solicitors who can explain the process in more detail and help you with your application.