Holiday Compensation Claims
If your holiday has been ruined due to an illness or injury, through no fault of your own, you may be able to claim compensation.
Whether you tripped over a faulty tile in a hotel, had an accident whilst in transit, or contracted food poisoning in a hotel, we can help.
We can pursue your claim for compensation on a ‘No win No fee’ basis and we offer a free initial consultation to assess your potential claim.
Time limits for making a claim do exist and these differ from country to country so please contact us without delay.
Holidays should be a relaxing time, we all work hard for our weeks in the sunshine, but if you have been ill and had your holidays ruined through no fault of your own you can make a claim.
Typical examples where you may be able to make a claim include:
- A road traffic accident (car, bike, motorbike, scooter crashes, bus or minibus) whether you were a passenger, driver or pedestrian
- Illness contracted whilst on holiday, for example food poisoning
- An accident in a hotel premises, such as a trip or fall by the swimming pool or on a slippery surface
- An accident on an organised sightseeing excursion
- Boat, ferry or sailing accident or injury
- Injury taking part in sports or other activities, such as scuba diving or a horseback riding accident
- A serious injury abroad
- An accident while travelling by air
- An accident on a cruise ship or other boat
- A winter sports' injury
- A coach accident
- Drinking contaminated water
- Product liability claims for products manufactured outside of the UK
You can claim for the following things:
- Loss of earnings for time off work
- The cost of travel to a medical centres or hospital
- Prescriptions or medicines
- Costs of the holiday
- Loss of any personal possessions in the accident
- Compensation for pain and suffering
It is important that you seek legal advice as soon as possible after an incident has occurred. Please contact us for an informal chat about your case where we will assess your potential claim.
What is No win – No fee?
Your solicitor may take your case on a ‘no win-no fee’ basis. With his type of agreement your solicitor assumes the risk of not winning the case. If you lose, your solicitor does not get paid and you will not be liable for any legal fees.