Immigration – Fiancé Visa
If you are settled in the UK, you can apply for a Fiancé visa to bring your prospective partner to the UK, with the intention of getting married.
A Fiancé visa is valid for 6 months, during which time you must get married or enter into a civil partnership. After you are married you can then apply for a Spouse or Partner Visa or apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
It is essential that you have legal representation by specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process.
Fiancé visa qualifying criteria:
- You and your fiancé must be legally free to marry
- You must show that you can support yourselves and any dependents without having to claim benefits from the government
- Your relationship must be ‘Genuine’ and you must intent to live permanently in the UK with your partner
- The sponsor must be either a British citizen or a permanent resident in the UK
- You must have a serious intention o marry within 6 months of obtaining a Fiancé visa
If you would like to apply for a Fiancé visa please contact us to speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors who will be happy to assist you.