Occupational Health Claims
Should you become ill or suffer an injury due to conditions at work, you may be able to claim compensation for an Occupational Health Injury.
Occupational health can include a wide variety of issues ranging from exposure to dust, noise or stress.
Employers have a duty of care to provide employees with a safe working environment; this includes providing safety equipment where required and also carrying out risk assessments to ensure the safety of their workers.
Physical Occupational Health issues can include:
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Occupational deafness
- Vibration white finger (VWF)
Mental Occupational Health issues can include:
A common issue is ‘work related stress’, including anxiety and depression. Many jobs involve pressure and stress and this does not mean that you will automatically qualify for compensation from your employer. To make a successful claim for work related stress we have to show that the following elements were present:
- A medically recognised psychiatric illness or injury
- The employer knew or ought to have known that there was a potential risk of damage to you
- The employer failed to carry out an adequate risk assessment to manage or reduce stress levels in the workplace
- The employer failed to take reasonable or adequate steps to prevent or reduce the risk of harm to employees
- Your psychiatric injury was caused or contributed to by your work as well as the employer’s breach of duty
- The employer was made aware of your struggle with stress in the work place and faiedl to provide adequate support
- The employer knew or ought to have known that you had a predisposition to stress related illnesses, depression or anxiety and failed to take adequate precautions
Please contact us and we will assess your claim and offer further advice.
What is No win - No fee?
Your solicitor may take your case on a ‘no win-no fee’ basis. With his type of agreement your solicitor assumes the risk of not winning the case. If you lose, your solicitor does not get paid and you will not be liable for any legal fees.